Big Week…Even bigger weekend
Get Ready. Crews preparing for opening of several ramps
As promised, the I-71/670 project is on schedule to open all highway movements by the middle of November, weather permitting. Over the next two weeks, all highway ramps will be open even though the Crossroads project will not be complete until next year.
The highway ramp openings will NOT occur at once, but over the next two weeks.
Here is a look at the work that will occur this week before some of the ramps on the project are opened.
Monday, November 4 - I-71 south sign work
- At 9 p.m., I-71 will be reduced to one lane from the I-670 to the Spring St.
- By 5 a.m. both lanes of I-71 south will be open.
Monday, November 4 to Friday, November 8 - Cleveland Ave. Utilities, Surface Asphalt
- At 9 a.m. each morning, Cleveland Ave. will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Edward St. to Jack Gibbs Blvd.
- By 4 p.m., all lanes will be open.
Friday, November 8 to Monday, November 11
- At 8 p.m. Friday, the ramp from I-670 west to I-71 south will be closed. Traffic will be detoured to State Route 315 south to I-71 south.
- At 9 p.m., the ramp from I-670 east to I-71 south will be closed. Traffic will be detoured on I-670 east to Leonard Ave. to I-670 west to State Route 315 south to I-71 south
- At 9 p.m., I-71 south will be reduced to one lane and the ramp from 11th Ave. to I-71 south will close.
- At 10 p.m., I-71 south traffic will be detoured to I-670 west to State Route 315 south to I-71 south.
- By 5 a.m., Monday, the ramps will be open.
· The ramp from 5th Ave. to I-71 south will be open. This ramp has been closed for the last two years.
· The new ramp from Cleveland Ave. to I-670 east and I-71 north and south will be open.
· The new ramp from I-71 south to Spring St. will be open.
· The new ramp from I-670 west to Spring St. will be open.
<<< Click the Map Thumbnails to view detail PDFs diagraming the new changes >>>>
Up-to-date traffic and construction information, 24-hours a day, along with information about I-70/I-71 Corridor can be found at www.odot71670.org.
For more information contact: Nancy Burton, 614-205-3131.