Broad Street Exit to Close Temporarily
Two Weeks Beginning August 8
Crews working on the I-71/670 Columbus Crossroads project will temporarily close the I-71 south to Broad Street exit for two weeks beginning August 8. The closure is necessary to perform ramp and pavement improvements on the interstate.
The posted detour is Main Street, but drivers trying to get to downtown Columbus can seek alternate routes if they are familiar with the area.
Crews expect to have the Broad Street exit ramp open by August 22.
Here is what you need to know if you are travelling on I-71 south:
· After you past the Spring Street exit ramp, merge left since the exit lane to Broad Street is closed.
· You can also merge left before Spring Street. You don’t have to wait.
· Take the Main Street exit. Posted detour signs will direct you to Rich Street, to 4th Street back to Broad Street.
· The Broad Street exit ramp will only be closed for two weeks.
· The posted speed limit is 45 mph and will be strictly enforced since there is a lot of activity.
· This is not the time or place to eat, text, change songs,discipline a child or apply make-up.
A map is attached to illustrate the traffic pattern changes for this section of the project, including the temporary closure of the Broad Street exit ramp.
Up-to-date traffic and construction information, 24-hours a day, along with information about I-70/I-71 Corridor can be found at www.odot71670.org.
For more information contact: Nancy Burton at 614-205-3131.