Weekend closure of Hopple/Central Parkway/MLK intersection scheduled for drainage work
Hamilton County (Friday, April 26, 2013) - The Interstate 75/Hopple Street interchange improvement project will include the installation of a 30-inch drainage conduit, which will require the following traffic restrictions at the Hopple/Central Parkway/Hopple/Martin Luther King intersection:
Monday, April 29 through Thursday, May 2:
Various work operations will be performed nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. During these hours, all traffic movements at the intersection of Hopple/Central Parkway/MLK will be maintained. However, lane closures will be in place to allow for work in the area.
Friday, May 3 to Monday, May 6:
Work will performed from 9 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday, with the contractor working 24 hours a day during this timeframe. The intersection of Hopple/Central Parkway/MLK will be closed except for the following traffic movements:
1. Southbound MLK to northbound Central Parkway (right turn coming down the hill).
2. Southbound Central Parkway to northbound MLK (left turn going up the hill).
3. Northbound Central Parkway to northbound MLK
In addition, the Hopple Bridge over I-75 will be closed except for emergency personnel/access. Detours will be posted for the following traffic movements:
1. Northbound Central Parkway: Marshall Ave – Colerain Ave – Monmouth Street – Central Parkway
2. Eastbound Hopple to south on Central Parkway: Colerain – Marshall – Central Parkway
3. Eastbound Hopple to north on Central Parkway: Colerain – Monmouth – Central Parkway
4. Eastbound Hopple to north on MLK: Colerain – Monmouth – Central Parkway – MLK
5. Traffic from northbound and southbound I-75: Turn right at top of ramp to use Colerain Avenue to follow aforementioned detours depending on destination
6. Southbound Central Parkway: Monmouth – Colerain – Marshall – Central Parkway
7. Westbound MLK to Hopple Street: Central Parkway – Monmouth – Colerain – Hopple
Mapping showing the various detours can be accessed at the following link: