I-75/Hopple construction update
HAMILTON COUNTY (Monday, March 17, 2014) - As part of the improvements to the Interstate 75/Hopple Street interchange, the following lane and/or ramp closures will be in effect this week:
· Two left lanes of southbound I-75 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, March 17, Tuesday, March 18, Thursday, March 20, and Friday, March 21, with multiple 30-minute full closures of south and northbound I-75 between 12:01 and 5 a.m. each night. Also, the ramp from northbound I-75 to Hopple Street will be closed each night between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
· Right lane of southbound I-75 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesday, March 19 with multiple short-term rolling closures from midnight to 5 a.m. Thursday, March 20.
· Right lane of northbound Central Parkway from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. Lane closure on Central Parkway between Hopple Street and Bates Avenue for equipment relocation at 5 a.m. Wednesday, March 19.
· Various closures of Marshall Avenue between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily using flagging operations.
· Various side street flagging operations for equipment moves, material deliveries and bridge work from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
Local law enforcement will maintain traffic. Arrow boards and signs are in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming lane and ramp closures. To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.
Ohio’s highways are essential to keeping and creating new jobs. With a mission to provide easy movement of people and goods from place to place, the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is responsible for maintaining one of the largest transportation networks in the nation. Guided by ethical principles and accountability, ODOT works to improve safety, enhance travel and advance economic development. As a $2.8 billion enterprise, the department wisely invests in its core services of snow and ice removal, annual construction program and highway maintenance operations.
For more information contact:
Sharon Smigielski, Public Information Officer, at (513) 933-6511, Liz Lyons, Public Information Specialist, at (513) 933-6534 or email D08.PIO@dot.state.oh.us