Interstate 71 Paving Project Update
November 7, 2019) – Restrictions and traffic pattern changes will
be in effect on Interstate 71 North this weekend for a final paving blitz.
Beginning at 6 a.m. Saturday,
November 9, and continuing throughout the day, crews will be milling and
paving a third and final section of I-71 northbound, as well as entrance
and exit ramps between the Norwood Lateral and Stewart Road.
The following lane closures will be in
- The right lane of I-71 northbound will be closed at
approximately 6 a.m.
- The I-71 North exit to Ridge Avenue North.
- The Kennedy Avenue entrance ramp to I-71 North.
- The I-71 North exit to Red Bank Expressway.
- The Red Bank Expressway entrance ramp to I-71 North.
The Kennedy Avenue entrance ramp will
not be closed at the same time as the Red Bank entrance; it will reopen before
Red Bank closes. In addition, SR 562/Norwood Lateral eastbound will remain open
to I-71 North.
It is anticipated that this weekend's
work will be completed Saturday night; however, the schedule for lane and ramp
closures is subject to change, and all work will be contingent upon the