Interstate 75/Hopple Street lane and ramp closures scheduled
Hamilton County (Monday, Aug. 5, 2013) - As work to reconstruct and improve the Interstate 75/Hopple Street interchange continues, the following closures will be in effect the week of Aug. 5:
• A right lane closure on southbound I-75 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, Aug. 5 and Tuesday, Aug. 6 with the ramp to Harrison Avenue (exit 2) also closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
• A right lane closure on northbound I-75 at 8 p.m., with a second lane closing at 10 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7. Both lanes will be open by 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 8
• A right lane closure on northbound Central Parkway, including the sidewalk to all pedestrian access, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays.
• Various side street single lane closures each weekday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with flagging operations, including Central Parkway and Bates Avenue.
• Open the temporary replacement ramp south of Clifton Hills Avenue late Wednesday or early Thursday morning, in conjunction with the closure of the Bates Avenue ramp to westbound I-74.
Arrow boards and signs are in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming lane closures. To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.