Various lane and ramp closures scheduled for Sunday, May 22
Hamilton County (Friday, May 20, 2016) – Aerial line removal requires various lane and ramp closures in Northern Kentucky and downtown Cincinnati Sunday, May 22.
The following ramps in Northern Kentucky will be closed from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Sunday:
· The ramp from U.S. 27/Alexandria Pike to northbound Interstate 471
· The ramp from KY 1892/North Grand Avenue to northbound I-471
· The ramp from KY 1120/Memorial Parkway to northbound I-471
· The ramp from KY 8/Dave Cowens Drive to southbound I-471
The following ramps and lanes in Ohio will be closed from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. Sunday:
· The ramp from southbound I-71 to southbound I-471
· The ramp from East Liberty Street to southbound I-471
· The ramp from East Fifth Street to southbound I-471
· The ramp from westbound Columbia Street to southbound I-471
· The ramp from eastbound U.S. 50 to southbound I-471
· The through/center lane of eastbound Liberty Street to southbound I-471
· The left lane turn only of southbound U.S. 42 to southbound I-471
Portable changeable message boards and/or signs will be in place to alert motorists of the upcoming ramp and lane closures.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone.
The Ohio Department of Transportation maintains the state's largest man-made asset--the transportation system. ODOT's mission is to provide the safe and easy movement of people and goods from place to place. As a $2.8 billion per year enterprise, ODOT invests the bulk of its resources in system preservation through maintenance, construction and snow and ice operations.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.
For more information contact:
Brian Cunningham, Communications manager, at (513) 933-6517
Liz Lyons, Public Information Specialist, at (513) 933-6534