On June 3, 2015, the ODOT Office of Geotechnical Engineering (OGE) will host a Geotechnical Consultant Workshop at the Central Office Hilltop Complex (1980 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio) in the auditorium from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Information and topics to be presented and discussed are as follows:
· ODOT geotechnical specification/requirement updates
· Overview of new Geotechnical Fee Guidance and Proposal/Invoice Format
· Overview of ODOT/OGE exploratory methods
· OGE’s Geotechnical Data Management System (www.odotgeoms.org)
· Foundation/retaining wall design guidance changes
· Assessment of pavements built on chemically stabilized subgrades
· Overview of gINT library and new tools for converting logs into soil profile sticks
· Assessment of performance of reinforced soil slopes on ODOT projects
· General question/answer
Questions and comments are encouraged throughout the Workshop, however, please refrain from asking project specific questions.
There is no need to pre-register. There is no limit as to how many people attend from each company. Attendance at the entire workshop is worth up to 4.75 continuing professional development hours. If you have any questions, please call Chris Merklin at 614-275-1361 or send questions by e-mail to email@example.com.