XML Resource Kit - For contractors with payroll systems and will be extracting data to produce an XML file for uploading into CRL. This site contains resources for those contractors with existing payroll systems to aid creation of an extract of payroll data for upload into CRL. https://xml.cloverleaf.net
XML Validator - For any contractor to validate XML files prior to uploading into CRL. This can be used for either the template/spreadsheet created XML files or XML extracts from vendor payroll systems.
Excel Template - For contractors without in-house payroll systems Ohio DOT is providing an Excel Template for entry of up to 50 employee payrolls. The spreadsheet/template needs to be downloaded from this site to get started. Once populated users can keep payroll records by period and simply update the hours accordingly for subsequent pay periods.
Template Conversion Tool - Upon completion for a pay period users can convert the Ohio provided template to XML for upload into CRL. The XML conversion utillity is free to use and does not store any information. The site takes the Excel file, converts it and provides the correctly formatted XML file back to the contractor for upload into CRL.
Training Information - Training sessions will begin May 7, 2015, and will cover implementation dates, who signs payrolls, prime contractor versus subcontractor differences, certification of payrolls, Cloverleaf site, conversion process, resources, registering for an account and identifying contract ID, project ID and vendor ID.
How to Enter/Submit Certified Payroll?
- Obtain User ID and Password for wT CRL. Registration and Login Instructions Published at a Later Date
- Login to OhioDOT's wT Civil Rights & Labor Application (CRL)
- Payroll Spreadsheet: This option will most likely be used for mid-level sized contractors who do not necessarily have a system in place to manage payrolls but do prefer to track information electronically as opposed to manually. The file format is Microsoft Excel and contains specific Ohio DOT classification codes for import into CRL.
- XML Upload from Payroll System: This option will most likely be used for larger sized contractors who have payrolls systems and the capacity format extracted data per the provided XML schema.
- Requirements for XML Formatting. Contractors will utilize this to work with their payroll vendors or internal IT staff to export payrolls to XML format. Provides all required schemas to allow conversion to XML format.
- Job Classifications Standardization. This is the second tab on the payroll spreadsheet. This will house all job classifications associated with Ohio DOT projects.
- CRL Support Contacts. This list contains your first line of contacts when you have issues with your CRL payroll process.